Do you have a student interested in astronomy? Check out the "Star Party" *tonight* with the Hawaiian Astronomical Society!
... ... ...
"Free public star party at our dark sky site (Dillingham Airfield in Mokuleia). Come join us under the stars. We provide the telescopes and you get to look at really cool stuff like globular clusters, double stars, galaxies and nebulae! Don't know what these are? You'll find out if you come and join us under the stars.
Please read our "Star Party Etiquette" page before coming out to the party. (http://www.hawastsoc.org/star_party_etiquitte.html)
Go here (http://www.hawastsoc.org/directions/dillingham.html) for directions and maps to Dillingham Airfield.
Please note the following items that are part of the agreement to let us use the airfield for our star parties.
* The gate to the airfield is locked at around 7:00 p.m. so you must be in the viewing area before then (we suggest that you plan to be there at 6:30 p.m. to allow for traffic delays).
* The gate will be opened at scheduled times to allow people to leave - usually about two hours after sundown, at 10:30 p.m. and at midnight (when everyone must leave).
* Check with the Board-Member-In-Charge for that night's schedule.
* Smoking is not allowed (fire danger), no alcohol and also no pets. Mahalo for your kokua.
* To view a weather forecast, go here:http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…."
For more: http://www.hawastsoc.org/
I'm a homeschooling mom of two, enjoying our time in Hawaii and hoping to share some of that experience with you, including ideas, reviews, resources, and information.