* NOTE: I have not yet confirmed if this is available to homeschool parents, but we have been invited to similar past events. Please comment below if you contact the museum and find out for sure. Thank you! *
In partnership with the U.S. Naval Academy STEM Center, Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor presents an event featuring practical & engaging methods for STEM instruction through Project-Based Learning.
Friday, August 25, 2017, 4 pm — 7 pm
Saturday, August 26, 2017, 8 am — 3:30 pm
• What About Water: Hands-on activities and engineering applications to investigate chemical and physical properties of water.
• Circuits, Sensors, and Coding: Fundamentals of physical sensors to explore the environment.
• Rockets and Flight: Investigate the principles and balance of forces.
• Corrosion in Action: Understand real world applications in corrosion and electrochemistry.
• Wave Engineering: Dive into sound and light wave concepts:
• Engineering Design Challenge: Test your skills.
STEM instructors will include:
Professor Angela Leimkuhler Moran (the director of the USNA STEM Center for Education & Outreach, and a faculty member of the Mechanical Engineering Department), Sarah S. Durkin (Associate Director of the STEM Center for Education and Outreach at USNA), Rachel Fees (an instructor with the United States Naval Academy STEM Center for Education and Outreach), and Professor Patrick Moran (a faculty member and former chairman of the Mechanical Engineering Department at USNA). Please visit the museum's website for more details about these instructors!
This event is offered at no cost to teachers and educators. Curriculum materials and supplies are provided. Attendance is expected for both days. Participants receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the program.
NOTE: As is the case with many of my posts, I am NOT affiliated or associated with Pacific Aviation Museum or this event. This is NOT a paid ad or sponsored post. I'm simply sharing in case it might be of interest to others. Please direct any questions to the museum or event organizer. Enjoy!
I'm a homeschooling mom of three, enjoying our time in Hawaii and hoping to share some of that experience with you, including ideas, reviews, resources, and information.