In case you're not following Oahu Homeschool Mom on Facebook, here is some information and events that I've posted there recently that might be of interest. I have no personal connection or experience with most of these organizations or products and I'm just passing along information on them. Always remember to do your own research and make informed decisions.
1) FYI: Bricks And Minifigs, Kailua (popular among homeschool families here on island) is closing soon and they have extended their final sale until Oct. 14th.
2) Here's another extra-curricular option: "Computational Thinkers"... http://www.computationalthinkers.com/. I think it is at Kahala Elementary & Waialae Elementary, but they mentioned they can do classes almost anywhere, so it might be worth contacting them if you'd like to set something up in another area of the island?Otherwise, I know very little about this company or what they offer and just stumbled upon it recently, but it looks interesting. Please share with us if you've had any experience with it or if you check it out! I would love to hear feedback or reviews.
Looks like a Facebook page too, at https://www.facebook.com/computationalthinkers.
Check it out. I read that the new semester starts Oct 19.
3) I've heard great things about the * Waldorfaire * and it's coming up in less than a month! (A volunteer-run fundraiser to benefit Honolulu Waldorf School.)
Saturday Nov 7th 11am-5pm
350 Ulua St in Niu Valley.
Live Music & Performances, Free Skateboarding Ramp, Pony Rides, Puppet Show, Ono Food, Keiki Games, Ropes Climbing Course, Meet "Farm Friends."
This year performing: Henry Kapono, Uncle Wayne & the Howling Dog Band, Samadhi Hawaii Aerial dance, and much more!
4) KHON2 has a good list of the upcoming Halloween events here in Hawaii.
5) New Hope Farms in Kunia appears to offer school programs. They aim to be organic & sustainable. Might be a good field trip opportunity!
P.S. I've not looked into or visited this farm yet. Please let me know if you attend a field trip there and what you think of it.
6) Gunstock Ranch Fall Fun Day is coming up on Oct. 24th. http://gunstockranch.com/events/fallfunday/
I'm a homeschooling mom of three, enjoying our time in Hawaii and hoping to share some of that experience with you, including ideas, reviews, resources, and information.